Tuesday 30 April 2013

WASP exhaust modification

Very annoying thing about the WASP paramotor which I own was that the rivets which keep together the muffler and exhaust kept breaking and the exhaust become loose. As far as I know there were only two models of WASP with this problem. One of them is mine. I tried replacing rivets but it did not solve the problem permanently.
I decided to modify this part and use bolts instead of the rivets. The tricky part was to assembly it all together because there is no way to get inside the muffler to hold the nuts when tightening the bolts. 
I used different type of nuts which 'locked' themselves against the exhaust face when tightening the bolt. In order to keep them in place at the very beginning of tightening I used CA (SuperGlue). 
After all I can tighten the bolts before every flight and easily check them.

The pictures should explain everything:


Exhaust dissembled:
Replacing rivets with bolts in WASP paramotor


Nuts and SuperGlue:
Lukasz Studniarz WASP paramotor owner

Everything in place:
WASP paramotor modification finished




No comments:

Post a Comment