Thursday 1 August 2013

Paramania GTX impressions

Paramania GTX 22 review


I an opportunity to test Paramania GTX 22 in flight. To he honest I never flown such a small wing because of my takeoff weight which  is 140kg. In case of this wing the takeoff weight is up to 160kg!
Before the flight I was worrying if I will be able to take off, how will the wing behave with such a bug  wingload, how will the landing look like? The wind was about 10 knots with gusts. In the evening the wind dropped down and I decided to have a go on GTX 22 despite the gusts.

how does the paramania GTX fly


Take off:

Because of a small size the wing in above the head instantly during take off. Short run, a little bit of the brakes and I am in the air. The climb rate is surprisingly good so i am lowering the throttle a little. It is so easy to take off!

Flight:

During the flight in turbulent air I had to keep the brakes because the wing has got a tendency to swing to the sides. Pulling the brakes a little solves this problem and the wing becomes more stable. To make a full 360 it is enough to pull just a few centimetres. After the turn the wing comes to level flight without any problems.

The middle of the wing is stable but the tips are working and this is what is causing the tendency to swing to the sides.

Speed is very good. The best part of the flight was when I turned against the wind and didn't see a difference in speed. This wing is really fast!


Paramania gtx 22 is really fast



This wing generates plenty of lift. I was flying similar RPM in level flight as I am using when flying my Nucleon 29. Before the flight I was convinced that the pilots who are flying small wings and claiming that they have plenty of lift are exadurating... now I  know that they have a point.

Paramotoring wing paramania gtx 22


Landing:

Slow and easy. With nil wind we were able to slow the wing almost to full stop during the landing. The trick is same as on the rest of the reflex wings: descend on high speed and flare the speed just above the ground.

Summary:

Paramania GTX is a wing which I have to return to the dealer because I got it only for testing purposes. It takes off nicely, turns easily and generates plenty of lift. Perfect to go crazy in the air. The main disadventage is the price. I do not recommend this wind to the beginner paramotor pilots but it will be fun for more experienced ones.

This article is the translation of Leszek's article.

No comments:

Post a Comment