Friday 7 February 2014

67km FAI triangle

I decided to enter Chris Atkinson trophy online contest (link).

This is the first one of the flights which will put me high in the rank (I hope...).
Very early morning launch, there was no wind and the field was only 120m long. I managed to launch on the 4th attempt. Running with 10L of the fuel is not easy. Fortunately Wasp's 16hp is enough to lift me of the ground on the Synthesis without issues once the wing is correctly inflated. Then tight turn to avoid powerlines and we are on the course.   
During the flight I hit rain twice, once only a couple of drops, and the other time over Camden my flight-suit get wet. Very enjoyable flight in morning air. The sky was overcasted so even at 8am there was no thermal activity. 68km flown in 113 minutes and 8L of the fuel was burned. I took some pictures from the birds point of view - enjoy!

















No comments:

Post a Comment