Monday 18 November 2013

Canungra Task 4

Beautiful day. We were launching from Beechmont, the task had two turnpoints, 69km calculated by my GPS.
I launched in the open window to see how it feels in the air 45 minutes before the task was started. Very nice thermals took me al the way up four times before the countdown ended.
Plenty of gliders in the air heading in the same direction at the same time. Beautiful view. I decided to play safe that day. I took every thermal to the cloudbase. Despite this I had 3 low saves during. Once I saved it from 50m AGL. Very nice scenery (I wish I had my camera with me...) on the final glider before the goal.
About half of the pilots made the goal today, I came as one of the lasts. But it did not matter. What mattered was that I made it to the goal. Amazing feeling. Goal buses were full on that day so we had to wait 3 hours for another one. There were 8 pilots left waiting with me. Adam from Adelaide bought icecreams for all of us. What a gesture!
Amazing day. Amazing people and me very happy with making it to the goal.













No comments:

Post a Comment