Thursday 14 February 2013

Stanwell soaring with chase camera

On Wednesday evening I had chance to test the chase camera prototype.
I was a bit worried how it is going to behave in the air so I took reserve with me.
As I took off the camera was surprisingly stable without tendency to get into the lines. I did not try any wingovers. GoPro was set to take a photo every 5s. so I ended up having heaps of pictures.
All of them were pretty much the same because I have flown the south (short) ridge of Stanwell.
After all I am very satisfied with the result. Just have to change the angle of the camera to point it a bit higher over the horizon. 

Testing new chase camera with GoPro mounted in Stanwell

Chase camera of Lukasz Studniarz flown in Stanwell close to Sydney

No comments:

Post a Comment